Sunday, February 27, 2011

Winter's Beauty

I'm embarrassed to admit it sometimes, but I still love snow...even after living here for two winters now.

We had hardly any (an inch here and there) between New Years and mid-February, and I really missed it.  We still had a foot or so of snow on the ground, but it hardens and gets dirty.  The trees are bare.  There's no motivation to go out cross-country skiing...so I'm thankful the snow has returned.  We've gotten about a foot of new snow over the last week or so.

Here's some of my favorite photos from the winter so far...


One day I was sitting in my bedroom talking on the phone to Jackie, when I looked out the window and 10 of the "town deer" were looking for food on the hillside.  I couldn't capture them all in one photo, unfortunately.


Here they are starting to traipse through my front yard.


Then some dogs started barking at them, so they turned around and ran the other direction.


Icicles on the back of the grocery store. Be careful where you walk.


Icicles on my bedroom window


Hoarfrost on the trees one morning as I was walking to the post office.


 Marina (my housemate while Steve's been gone) and Sam in front of one of the snow sculptures at the McCall Winter Carnival.


 McCall is celebrating it's 100th birthday.


The "outhouse" snow sculpture...won 2nd place and most photogenic.  Notice the empty stall for photo ops.


The grocery cart drill team from Paul's Market in the Mardi Gras parade at the carnival. Brought back memories of Fred Meyer.  They had candy in their carts, hence the outstretched arms.


Sam poses with "Housecall" in front of the McCall hospital.


And...my favorite.  The idyllic view from my front deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment