Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful for my brother and sister-in-law who volunteered to host the Herzog thanksgiving dinner at their home.  That meant I could sleep in!  No getting up early this year to stuff the turkey and get it in the oven.  This is the first year I haven't cooked a turkey in ??? years.  So long, I really can't remember.  And we still got to bring home the carcass for some yummy turkey soup! 

Here's some of the clan just getting ready to dish up the food.  21 were in attendance.

Since I wasn't cooking turkey or hosting the event, I got to experiment with a new dessert recipe, a mocha cheesecake.  It was a hit for the chocolate lovers.  And because there was so much dessert to choose from, I even got to bring half of it home :).

This is Paul Herzog, Steve's dad, the patriarch of the family.  We are thankful he was able to be with us and sit at the head of the table.  This has been a challenging year for him healthwise.

Stewart and Missy, our hosts.  Stewart is Steve's youngest brother.


The Fam.  My sister wanted a family photo for the Christmas calendar.  I think this may have been the first time all four of us have been together since I moved to Idaho last January.

Hope your Thanksgiving was just as blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment